I’m always a huge fan of any Greek or Mediterranean recipes, so why not nachos? I made Greek pasta last night and had all of the ingredients opened in the fridge and couldn’t figure out what to do with them. So, nachos for a crowd! These are great because you can customize them any way you’d like. Don’t like capers? Don’t include them! Have some banana peppers? They’re a great addition! Don’t have fresh tomatoes? Used canned! This a great throw in everything you have recipe when you want to use ingredients that wouldn’t normally be used. Enjoy!
- tortilla or Pita chips (pita chips are great with Greek ingredients, but I didn’t have any on hand, so corn tortilla chips is what I used)
- shredded mozzarella or other white cheese (enough to cover a pan of chips)
- crumbled feta cheese
- dried dill weed
- dried leaf oregano
- garlic powder
- tomatoes (fresh or canned are both fine!)
- diced red onion (I didn’t happen to have any on hand, so I used a little bit of onion powder for flavor)
- kalamata olives, halved
- artichoke hearts, quartered
- banana peppers, sliced
- diced chicken, sausage, or other protein of choice, fully cooked (optional)
- Tzatziki sauce (optional-if you’d like to make your own, check out my go-to recipe!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Spread tortilla, pita, or other preferred chips to cover the baking sheet. Add mozzarella or other preferred white cheese covering the chips. Sprinkle feta over the mozzarella.
- Sprinkle desired amount of dried dill weed, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder (option if using real onion) onto the cheese. Add diced onion and protein of choice. Bake in the oven 5-7 minutes or until cheese is just melted.
- Add remaining toppings and serve warm. Top with tzatziki sauce if you like!