This is the easiest soup you can make in the Crock Pot. Hands. Down. I’m really not sure where I got the original recipe for this one, but I’ve adapted it slightly over time to make it even easier… if that’s possible.
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 diced onion
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans Ro-Tel tomatoes (I prefer cilantro lime for extra flavor, but original is great, too!)
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 pack taco seasoning
- fresh or dried cilantro
- shredded cheese of choice (I use Mexican blend or cheddar)
- sour cream
- tortilla strips or crushed tortilla chips
- Mix all ingredients in crock pot. Add chicken breasts to top of mixture.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 2-4 hours until chicken is thoroughly cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, and tortilla strips or crushed tortilla chips.
To make life REALLY easy on a busy weekday, here are my tips:
- Use frozen chicken breast-they cook great in this soup from frozen!
- Use frozen diced onion instead of chopping a fresh onion. This is my favorite substitute in a lot of meals-it cuts back on so much time and cleanup.
- Use dried cilantro instead of chopping fresh. I hardly ever keep fresh cilantro on hand anymore and this saves on grocery shopping and chopping!
Hope you enjoy this easy, hearty meal as much as our family does!