Most of my favorite recipes come from Betty Crocker, so naturally, I happen to love their recipe for slow cooker chili. This chili has a very short ingredient list, but is very filling since it uses double the amount of ground beef as most chili recipes. It’s hearty and delicious! Check out their original recipe here!
- 2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can (16 oz) chili beans in sauce, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In 12-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, mix beef mixture and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
I hope you enjoy this one during the winter months!