I honestly don’t know anyone that doesn’t like quesadillas, so this one is always a winner. I was searching for a good Taco Bell quesadilla sauce recipe (fancy…) and the one I came up with definitely doesn’t taste like theirs, but… I actually like it better, so I’ll call it a win! I altered a sauce recipe I found from Food.com, so check out their original if you’re interested!
I baked chicken for the quesadillas and used a homemade taco seasoning sauce recipe I found from allrecipes.com because I didn’t want to bust open a whole pack of seasoning just for a small amount of baked chicken. Use your own seasoning or prepackaged-either way, they turn out great!
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Dash of chili powder
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp Gaelic powder
- Dash of salt
- Chopped backed chicken (or any other meat or protein if you’d like!)
- Taco size flour tortillas
- Shredded quesadilla cheese
- Shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Vegetables (optional)
- Salsa for serving (optional)
- Sour cream for serving (optional)
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all ingredients and storing in the refrigerator until serving.
- Fully cook all meat or protein.
- Preheat a large skillet on medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle quesadilla cheese on one half of a tortilla. Add chicken, then sprinkle mild cheddar cheese on top of the chicken. Fold the tortilla over the cheese and chicken.
- Add the quesadilla to the pan and brown one side of the quesadilla. Flip the quesadilla over and brown the other side.
- Enjoy with quesadilla sauce, salsa, or sour cream.