I love having this recipe when I end up having an abundance of zucchini. It’s that time a year again… zucchini season! That means A LOT of zucchini will be consumed and we begrudgingly making a million loaves of zucchini bread. While I love zucchini bread, sometimes I want something different. This recipe is just that. My kids love it, too!
I found this recipe from Ready Set Eat. This recipe uses Egg Beaters, but usually use regular egg and it turns out great-and possibly better. It also has feta, so I’m usually a fan of any recipe with feta. This is also a low-fat recipe, which makes it even better!
- 3 small zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 cup fat free small curd cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Italian seasoned croutons, crushed slightly
- 1 can (14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese with garlic and herbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place zucchini in medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover; microwave on high 5 minutes. Drain well, patting dry with paper towels. Layer zucchini in bottom of baking dish.
- Combine cottage cheese and egg in same bowl; mix well. Spread cottage cheese mixture over zucchini. Top with croutons and drained tomatoes; sprinkle with feta cheese. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes more or until bubble around edges and set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.