Brownies just might be my favorite dessert. Who doesn’t love chocolate? If you don’t, we seriously can’t be friends… ok, not really, but you might want to get that checked. It’s not normal…
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar,
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil (or substitute extra virgin olive oil if you prefer)
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly spray an 8×8 baking dish (not a 9×9 dish or your brownies will overcook) with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, water, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the dry mix over the wet mix and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and use a spatula to smooth the top. Bake for 40 to 48 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with only a few crumbs attached. It’s better to pull the brownies out early, so the edges aren’t too crispy or thick to eat. Loosely tent the pan with a sheet of aluminum foil and leave to fully cool before enjoying.