You can count me in on any recipe containing sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. This recipe is also GREAT with mushrooms if you happen to be a fan of the fungus! This pan fried chicken and sauce is excellent over pasta, with smashed red potatoes, or rice.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 small chicken breast fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/3 cup and 1/2 cup chicken stock, divided
- fresh baby spinach (as desired)
- fresh basil leaves, torn (as desired)
- pasta, smashed potatoes, rice, or other desired side for serving
- Heat oil and butter in a large non-stick skillet over high heat until butter is brown and foamy. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste and add chicken fillets to skillet. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook the chicken approximately 5 minutes on each side until completely cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring continually for 1 minute or until garlic is aromatic. Add sun-dried tomatoes and stir to coat well. Add 1/3 cup of chicken stock and cook for 1 minute until reduced.
- Add cream remaining 1/2 cup of stock, and garlic powder to the skillet and stir. Place the chicken back into the skillet for 5 minutes or until the liquid is slightly reduced. Stir in the spinach until just wilted. Season additionally if desired. Add basil leaves and serve with desired side.