Moe’s was my favorite place for queso and loaded nachos for years until they sadly closed their doors in our area. This copycat recipe comes close, so finally you can get your Moe’s fix!
- 2-8 oz blocks blocks of Pepper Jack Cheese, cubed
- 1 lb white American cheese (I used sliced from the deli and it seemed to melt much better)
- 1-4 oz can diced green chiles (I prefer mild since kids will be eating this, but you can use any heat you like!)
- 2-12 oz cans evaporated milk
- tortilla chips, for serving
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker. I like to layer the ingredients so they melt together well.
- Cook on low for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Stir well after one our and continue to cook on low for another hour, stirring occasionally. Stir well until well incorporated.
- Keep slow cooker on low to avoid burning or bubbling.
**Note: Make sure to watch the queso carefully as it melts as heating the evaporated milk too quickly could cause curdling. Make sure to stir the dip frequently to monitor how quickly the queso heats. If it begins to heat too quickly, turn the temperature down to low for the remainder of the cooking.