Artichoke, salami, banana pepper, fresh mozzarella, this one has it all! All the flavor is included in this recipe and it is phenomenal! I adapted my recipe based on ingredients I had on hand, but you can check out the original here!
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ⅓ cup chopped, marinated artichoke hearts
- ⅓ cup chopped salami
- ¼ cup chopped banana peppers (or pepperoncini if you prefer)
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar if you prefer)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano, plus more for garnish (can substitute dried oregano)
- 1 lb chicken cutlets
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced (or fresh mozzarella pearls
- Preheat broiler to high (500 degrees F).
- Mix 2 Tbsp oil, artichoke hearts, salami, banana pepper, vinegar and oregano in a medium bowl.
- Heat the remaining 1 Tbsp oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and add to the pan. Cook until starting to brown, about 3 minutes. Turn the chicken over and top each piece with the artichoke mixture and cheese. Transfer the pan to the oven and broil the chicken until the cheese is browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the chicken registers 165 degrees F, 3 to 4 minutes more. Serve the chicken with any pan drippings and oregano, if desired.