I LOVE fresh baked cookies. What I don’t like? Plopping them on the baking pan and trying to get them even. This solves that problem! Cookies for a crowd without the spooning and multiple sheet pans! If you’d like to see the original recipe, check it out from Jamie Cooks It Up!
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 4 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place butter into a large microwave safe bowl. Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Add brown sugar and white sugar and stir to combine. Then, add 2 eggs, 2 egg yolks and vanilla. Whisk it together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- Stir the dry mixture into the sugar mixture. Don’t mix it in all the way. The trick to making these bars nice and soft on the inside is not to over mix and not to over bake. So, at this stage, leave a bit of the flour showing. It will incorporate nicely as you stir in the chocolate.
- Add milk chocolate chips and M&M’s. Stir the chocolate in to combine.
- Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray (I use a 12” x 17” pan). Press the dough evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the outside is slightly golden. You want to be sure not to over bake. They are much better if the inside is nice and soft.
- Allow them to cool for about 10 minutes then slice into bars and enjoy!