It’s fall and the cool weather and busy schedules have me pulling out all of the favorite slow cooker recipes. This one checks all the boxes: full of flavor, total meal in one pot, set and forget. This recipe is adapted from a Crock Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken and Potatoes recipe from Wishes and Dishes.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs (I use frozen when I’m in a pinch sometimes and this recipe still turns out great!)
- 1 small bag petite red potatoes, whole
- 4-5 carrots, peeled and cut
- 3 ribs of celery, cut into pieces
- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 (1 oz.) packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp butter
- fresh thyme, for garnish
- Spray a 6-7 quart crock pot/slow cooker with non-stick spray OR use a plastic liner.
- Place cut vegetables and potatoes in the bottom of crockpot. Layer chicken on top of the vegetables.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream of chicken and mushroom soups, dry ranch dressing mix, heavy whipping cream, and milk. Pour this mixture evenly over the chicken. Place butter on top.
- Cover crock pot and cook on HIGH heat for about 4-5 hours OR on LOW heat for 7-8. All crock pots cook at different rates so be sure the chicken is cooked through.
- Top with fresh thyme if desired.