I bake chicken thighs frequently because they can be juice, crispy, and flavorful all at the same time, but I often forget that drumsticks can have all of those things as well. They were recently on sale and I found this recipe from Healthy Recipes and now I’m hooked. They’re quick and simple, full of flavor, and they can be paired with any sides you have on hand.
- 8 skin-on chicken drumsticks (about 2 lb. total weight)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum for for easy cleanup and arrange the drumsticks in a single layer in the pan.
- Mix the seasoning/rub: In a medium bowl, mix the olive oil, salt, pepper, and spices.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the seasoning paste.
- Bake the drumsticks uncovered for 40 minutes or until their internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Baste the drumsticks with the pan juices. Serve immediately.