“Chicken Parm, you taste so gooooooood!” Yes, I know you just sang that in your head in Peyton Manning’s voice. I love chicken parmesan and somehow always feel like it has to be this complex, multi-step process to actually make it at home. I have good news… IT DOESN’T NEED TO BE! The most complicated part of this recipe is boiling the spaghetti, so you’ve got this! This recipe was adapted from a recipe I found from The Lazy Dish.
- 1 lb (1 box) thin spaghetti noodles
- 2 (24 oz) jars of marinara or pasta sauce (I prefer tomato basil for extra flavor, but any variety will do!)
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan (shredded will also work)
- 8 frozen chicken patties
- seasoning to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 9″x13″ baking dish.
- Cook and drain spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Mix with 3/4 of the tomato sauce (1 1/2 jars) and 2 cups of shredded mozzarella. Add salt, pepper, or Italian seasoning if desired (optional).
- Add the pasta, sauce, and cheese mixture to the casserole dish and top with 8 frozen chicken patties.
- Top the chicken with the remaining sauce and spread it evenly to cover all of the contents of the casserole dish. Evenly sprinkle the top with 1 cup (or more) of shredded mozzarella and 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake on the center rack for 30 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown and the chicken is thoroughly heated and cooked.