I have always loved glass noodles, but they intimidated me for some reason. Well, guess what? They’re just as easy as any other noodle to make-boil and done! The great thing about these glass noodles is they absorb any flavor or sauce after cooking and the sauce for this dish is absolutely fantastic! Check out the original recipe from Drive Me Hungry.
Stir Fry Noodles
- 8 oz Korean glass noodles
- 2 large eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 6 large shiitake mushrooms, sliced 1/3 inch thick
- 1/3 large yellow onion, sliced 1/3 inch thick
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, julienned 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 large yellow bell pepper, julienned 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 large carrot, julienned 1/8 inch thick
- 3 cups baby spinach, packed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks scallions, chopped (for garnish)
- 2 tsp toasted white sesame seeds (for garnish)
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- This noodle dish goes quickly, so prepare all ingredients and sauce prior to cooking the noodles.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in small bowl until the sugar dissolves. Set it aside.
- Cook the Korean glass noodles according to the directions. Be sure not to over cook them as they can get soggy. Drain the water and add the hot noodles to a large bowl.
- Add the sauce to noodles and toss to combine. Let sit on the counter for the noodles to absorb the flavors of the sauce. Any excess sauce will be absorbed by the noodles.
- Cook the egg whites and egg yolks separately in a flat pan and cut them into strips. Set it aside.
- Heat the avocado oil in a pan over medium high heat and add the mushrooms and the onions. Stir fry them for 2 minutes.
- Next, add the red and yellow bell peppers, carrots, and minced garlic to the pan. Stir fry for 1 – 2 more minutes. Be careful not to overcook the vegetables, they should still be crunchy.
- Add the spinach and toss everything together until the spinach starts to wilt. Add a pinch of salt to season the vegetables and remove it from the heat.
- Add the stir fried vegetables and egg to the seasoned glass noodles. Toss everything to combine and garnish with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.