Why, oh why did I not invest in a bamboo steamer sooner?! Seriously… bamboo steamers are a complete game changer. I kept seeing ads on Facebook for frozen soup dumplings and my hunger got the best of me and I made an impulse social media purchase. I have to say, it was a great investment and these dumplings and sauce pairings did not disappoint!
Xiao Chi Jie pork soup dumplings and their three sauce soup pack were excellent! The soup dumplings and sauce packets came packed in a cooler with dry ice and were so well packaged. I also purchased a bamboo steamer. The soup dumplings came with steamer basket liners, which made such a huge difference to allow for great steaming without sticking. You can purchase your own here on Amazon. You can also purchase your own bamboo steamer set here on Amazon. You’ll find my instructions below on how to steam your very own dumplings-it’s easier than you think!
Ingredients and Materials
- Frozen soup dumplings
- bamboo steamer
- bamboo steamer mats/liners
- large skillet
- sauces (optional)
- Add about an inch of water to a large skillet over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Place bamboo steamer mats or liners onto the bamboo steaming tray. Place frozen dumplings at least an inch apart in each basket. Stack the baskets and place the lid on the top once they are full.
- Place the stacked baskets into the skillet and allow to steam for approximately 11 minutes or heated through.
- Allow the dumplings to rest in the bamboo steamers for several minutes.
- Serve with sauces and enjoy!