I had to jump on the orange garland trend this year and I’m so glad I did! This DIY is so easy that you only need one ingredient: oranges. That’s it! The kids and I had so much fun making these and the house smelled amazing while the oranges were drying in the oven. Merry Christmas and enjoy your new orange scented decor!
- 4-5 oranges
- parchment paper (for easy cleanup and moisture absorption)
- baking pans
- string, twine, or wire to hang orange slice garland
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Line large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice oranges very thin (the thinner and more even the better!) and place oranges in a single layer on the parchment paper.
- Bake approximately 2 hours. If some slices are thicker they may need more time and if some are thinner, they may need less time, so keep an eye on them while they’re baking.
- Remove from oven and allow to fully cool and dry.
- Add twine, fishing wire, or any other decorative item to string or hang your new garland.