Every year I tell myself that I’m going to save the turkey broth and leftover turkey and freeze it after Thanksgiving and find some great recipe to use the leftovers, but do I? Nope. Until this year! I found this Instant Pot turkey and noodles recipe and adapted it to use leftover frozen turkey and broth from Thanksgiving. If you’d like instructions on how to save broth from cooking turkey breast in a slow cooker, check out the instructions in my Slow Cooker Turkey Breast recipe.
- 1 1/2 lbs turkey breast, fully cooked or 1 1/2 lbs turkey breast cutlets, raw
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 quart chicken broth (or leftover turkey drippings/broth from cooking turkey)
- 1 24 oz bag frozen egg noodles (I prefer Reames)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- If using raw turkey cutlets, add them to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Spread the soup over the top of the cutlets. Add the remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot. If using fully cooked leftover turkey or turkey breast, set aside and add the noodles to the Instant Pot. Cover the noodles with the broth and top the noodles with all seasonings followed by butter and the can of soup.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, making sure the valve is closed. Cook for 20 minutes on the Manual setting on high pressure.
- Do a quick steam release. Remove the turkey cutlets and shred or if using fully cooked turkey, stir the shredded turkey into the noodles until well incorporated and heated through and serve.