My sister-in-law was kind enough to share this Hello Fresh recipe with me. It looked so fantastic that I HAD to try it! I tweaked a few things based on ingredients I had in hand and this is definitely a new favorite in our house!
- 2 zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 16 oz whole wheat spaghetti (or any other preferred pasta)
- 20 oz chicken cutlets
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Bring a pot of water to boil for pasta. While water is reaching boiling, cut zucchini into slices, then into fourths and slice mushrooms. Zest and quarter lemon.
- Cook pasta to package instructions, drain, add a small amount of olive oil and set aside in a bowl.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Sauté zucchini and mushrooms until golden brown, stirring occasionally (approximately 4-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Place a large drizzle of oil on the zucchini skillet on medium-high. Pat chicken dry, season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning on both sides. Add chicken to skillet and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer.
- Tuen off what and transfer chicken to a cutting board to rest. Once chicken is cool enough to handle, cut chicken crosswise.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in the pot used for the pasta on medium-high heat. Add garlic, half the lemon zest, and a pinch of chili flakes to the pot. Stir until fragrant, 20-30 seconds.
- Stir in chicken stock and juice from 4 lemon wedges. Stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Add pasta, zucchini and mushrooms, sour cream, and butter to the pot and toss to coat. Add half of the Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to bowls, too with chicken and garnish with remaining Parmesan, lemon zest, and a pinch of chili flakes. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.