The other day a friend saw my less than impressive over-ripe bananas and said, “Perfect banana bread bananas!”. I told her I was planning on either making banana bread or banana chocolate chip muffins, which are always a big hit. She told me to try the Magnolia Table recipe for banana bread and I came across another very basic Joanna Gaines recipe that I attempted instead. It bakes in a 9”x13” baking pan instead of a loaf pan and uses 4 bananas. I love that it’s fairly basic, so mix-ins can easily be added. Here’s my take with what our family loves to mix in to customize it!
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tap vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick softened butter
- Optional: chocolate chips, blueberries, nuts, cinnamon, or other desired extra ingredients
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream together the sugar, softened butter, and vanilla using a stand or hand mixer.
- Mash bananas well with a fork and add to sugar, butter, and vanilla mixture. Add eggs and mix well.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and mix until fully mixed.
- Add any additional desired ingredients such as chocolate chips, nuts, or blueberries and add to a greased 9”x13” baking pan. Bake at 325 Fahrenheit for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Tent pan with aluminum foil and serve when cooked.