This is definitely one of my weeknight go-tos when I don’t have anything thawed or planned. I buy naan when it’s on sale and keep them in the freezer. They go from freezer to oven and bake for 5 minutes. YES… 5 minutes from frozen! You can customize them any way you like-my favorites are traditional and Mediterranean or Greek. You can find mini naan or regular sized naan in most grocery stores in the bread/deli section. The best part about naan pizzas is you can use anything you already have on hand!
- Naan (frozen or fresh)
- tomato sauce (I use Basil Garlic pasta sauce because I usually have it on hand, but pizza sauce will work, too)
You can use any toppings you typically like on your pizza. Here are some combinations we’ve tried that have become our favorites!
- Shredded mozzarella
- Pepperoni (we prefer turkey-it’s less greasy than traditional)
- Black olives
- Fresh sliced mozzarella
- Fresh basil
- Kalamata olives
- Artichoke hearts
- Feta cheese
- Dried oregano
- Preheat oven according to naan package instructions.
- Place all pieces of naan on a baking sheet (fresh or frozen).
- Add sauce to each piece of naan. Top each piece of naan with desired toppings.
- Bake naan pizzas in oven according to package heating instructions or until cheese is melted and slightly browned.