This is one of those recipes that I was hesitant to try, but it will now be a staple in our house. Its simple ingredients are usually in our fridge and they’re easy enough to put together quickly. I adapted this recipe that I came across from eatwell 101. Check out the original recipe here!
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut horizontally
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cup spinach, rinsed
- 4 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese (or more if you love cheese as much as we do!)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Add olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper into a Ziplok bag. Seal the bag and shake until mixed. Add the chicken breasts, seal, and massage so the chicken breasts are covered in the marinade, set aside for 10-15 minutes while you prep the remaining ingredients. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Rinse the spinach and place in a microwave safe bowl. Wilt the spinach by microwaving the damp spinach until spinach is a dark color and wilted, set aside.
- Arrange chicken breasts drained from the marinade in a baking dish. Spread the softened cream cheese over the chicken breasts and lay spinach on top of the cream cheese. Finally, sprinkle mozzarella over the top.
- Bake the chicken for 20-30 minutes. The chicken spinach is done when cooked through to an internal temperature of 165˚F (75°C).
I serve this chicken with quinoa or rice. Make this on a busy weeknight-I hope you enjoy it!