I had kale and spinach leftover from other dishes I made and didn’t really know what to do with them. So, their super powers merged into this light summer salad! Enjoy!
- 4 cups shredded, fresh kale
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries, blueberries, dried cherries, or other fruit of choice
- Massage kale with 1 Tbsp of olive oil and 1/2 tsp of salt in a large bowl until the kale softens slightly.
- Whisk remaining 3 Tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, and sugar, and honey together to complete the vinaigrette.
- Combine softened kale, spinach, apple, strawberries (or other desired fruit), grated parmesan, and walnuts. Serve topped with shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired.