I love spinach artichoke dip, but somehow always have the mindset that it’s a recipe that would be far too complicated for me to even attempt. That is, until I found this simple (and healthy!) recipe from Prevention. The prep is easy, the ingredients are much healthier than most spinach artichoke dip recipes, and… it’s delicious! Check out the original here!
- 2 c shredded reduced-fat mozzarella
- 1 container (8 oz) reduced-fat onion and chive cream cheese
- ¼ c grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ large onion, chopped (or frozen chopped onion, thawed)
- 1 bag (10 oz) frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 can (13.75 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground red pepper
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Baked tortilla chips, pita chips, carrots, or celery for serving
- Combine and stir together the mozzarella, cream cheese, Parmesan, onion, spinach, artichokes, garlic powder, and red pepper in a 3- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips or celery and carrot sticks.
So simple! Pour ingredients, stir, let heat through, and chow down!
One thought on “Healthy Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip”