I’m trying to think spring thoughts, people. Recipes like this help me keep the positivity going! This one has all of my favorites-crispy baked chicken (crowd pleaser for kids), tomatoes, mushrooms, asparagus, garlic, and lemon. This is a light, but satisfying sheet pan meal. Or, if you’re like me and like leftovers, maybe grab an extra sheet pan! This recipe is adapted from a recipe given to me by a friend that comes from EatingWell.
- 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese (or more if you love feta like we do!)
- ½ tsp honey
Greek Chicken with Roasted Spring Vegetables
- 2 (8 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut in half lengthwise (I usually use more to make this recipe stretch a little further)
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs (additional if you use more than 2 chicken breasts)
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Nonstick olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cups 1-inch pieces asparagus (or additional if you prefer)
- 1 ½ cups sliced fresh baby bella (cremini) mushrooms (or additional if you prefer)
- 1 ½ cups halved grape tomatoes (or additional if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Snipped fresh dill
- Prepare vinaigrette: Remove 1/2 tsp zest and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice from lemon. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice and the remaining ingredients. Set aside.
- Prepare chicken and vegetables: Place a 15×10-inch baking pan in oven (or two large sheets if you’re preparing more than one chicken breast and extra vegetables). Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, using the flat side of a meat mallet, flatten chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap until 1/2 inch thick.
- Place chicken in a medium bowl. Add mayonnaise and 2 of the garlic cloves; stir to coat. In a shallow dish, whisk together bread crumbs, cheese, 1/4 tsp of the salt, and 1/4 tsp of the pepper. Dip chicken into crumb mixture, turning to coat. Lightly coat tops of chicken with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine asparagus, mushrooms, tomatoes, oil and the remaining 4 cloves garlic and 1/4 tsp salt and pepper.
- Carefully place chicken in one end of hot pan and place asparagus mixture in other end of pan (or on separate large pans if opting for larger quantities of chicken and vegetables). Roast 18 to 20 minutes or until chicken is done (165 degrees F) and vegetables are tender.
- Drizzle chicken and vegetables with vinaigrette and sprinkle with dill and extra feta.