I always seem to prepare asparagus the same way: steamed. I have made sheet pan meals with asparagus that have turned out well, so I figured, why not try baked in foil? This method had zero cleanup, a lot of flavor, and perfectly cooked asparagus with practically no effort so I call this one a win!
- butter, to taste
- salt, to taste
- grated parmesan, to taste (optional)
- herbs or seasonings, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F.
- Cut the ends off of the asparagus to remove the tougher portions. Place the asparagus on a piece of aluminum foil large enough to create a foil packet for the asparagus and place the foil and asparagus on a baking sheet for easy cleanup in case the foil packet leaks during baking.
- Place pads of butter, salt, grated parmesan, or other desired seasonings on the asparagus. Cold the foil over the asparagus and add an extra piece around the delicate tender ends of the asparagus to keep it from over cooking.
- Place the asparagus in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Keep the asparagus in the foil packet until serving.