Pasta should be considered the 6th love language… at least for me. It would definitely come in a close second for my top love language. Well, maybe coffee would, but anyways… back to pasta. This recipe is from Food Dolls and has quickly become one of our favorites. It’s a great meal on its own or paired with a protein or salad. Once of our favorites is Italian sausage links, but chicken would also be a great addition to this meal.
- 16 oz spaghetti, uncooked (I recommend pot-sized spaghetti-Target’s Good & Gather is excellent in this recipe!)
- 16 oz jar pasta sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt, more or less to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper, more or less to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced thin or diced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add all the ingredients except for the mozzarella cheese. Stir well.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir. Replace lid and bake covered an additional 25 minutes.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and bake uncovered for an additional 8-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.