I love artichoke anything. This recipe is no exception. I found this recipe from The Magical Slow Cooker and it is amazing paired with a vegetable, over noodles, pasta, or rice. Set it and forget meals are my go to on a busy weekday and this one definitely delivers!
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can artichoke quarters, drained
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- noodles or rice, for serving (optional)
- Add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle over the salt, pepper, basil and garlic.
- Add the artichokes, mushrooms, and onions over the chicken.
- Pour over the chicken broth.
- Add the 2 blocks of cream cheese on top of everything.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Shred the chicken breasts with two forks, and then stir the cream cheese and chicken together.
- Serve over cooked noodles or steamed rice.