Pear. Custard. Pie. All things I love. I’ll admit, all of them combined? Sounds a little strange, but it’s absolutely DELICIOUS! This recipe comes from Dinner at the Zoo. Check out all of their recipes-some of my favorites come from them-you won’t be disappointed!
- 4 firm pears of any variety; cored, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter; melted
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- powdered sugar, for garnish
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a 9 inch round pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange the pear slices in the pan.
- Put the butter, eggs, milk, salt, granulated sugar, flour and vanilla into a blender; process until smooth.
- Pour the batter over the pears. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the custard is golden and firm to the touch. Dust the top with powdered sugar before serving.