My mom makes THE BEST banana bread… hands down! Here’s her recipe in case any of you have bananas that have gone bad like we did today. I feel so wasteful throwing any kind of food away at this point. It’s almost as precious as toilet paper at this point. Well, nothing is that precious…
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup mashed bananas (usually about three bananas)
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream together the eggs, applesauce, and sugar and beat well.
- Add flour, salt, nutmeg, baking powder, and soda which have been sifted together. Stir well.
- Add the crushed bananas and nuts and stir in well.
- Add the batter to a greased loaf pan and sprinkle with flour. Bake for 1 hour.
One thought on “Banana Bread”